Welcome to The Travellers Best! A Family-Friendly Website for Everyone!

Register now to gain access to most of the Travellers Best forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

Author Topic: Link Checkers For Members Especially the New Members  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Skye

• Administrator
Link Checkers For Members Especially the New Members
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »
Hi to the New Members that have been sharing it is great to see you feel confident in posting your share.  I have quite a few members that have been posting dead links in their post. I shall try & find replacement links as it would be a bit rough if you join a site & then your posts are put in the trash & you would think us mean.  The post here explains what to do.

For any member that would love to start sharing and is unsure how to, please send me a private message and myself or another staff member will assist you.

Have fun

Link Checking

1.   Go firefox open google type in grease monkey popup box select firefox addon

2.   Install restart firefox end of stage one you should now have monkeys face at bottom of screen

3.   Next step go to this address and install
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/33695.user.js
4.   Then go to this address and install 
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9467
5.   Go to google type in snap links with the space then install this should give you a full arsenal and the ability to check all links with the snap links if you have a page of links that you require to check in a forum put the mouse top left hand corner press and hold right mouse button drag across page and to the bottom then release it will load all the links at the top of the page for checking close each one as you check it until all are completed the snap links are for multiple files only the grease monkey and the user scripts will take care of the rest

6.   Have fun

This is a good one as well -  The Cavern Links Checker

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/29222
This script checks each link and shows if live or dead. As you have given a link for greasemonkey this script works using GM also.

Please Donate to Keep Us Online

Donations

Please Support Us!

Please help us pay the costs of hosting by donating between $2 - $5 dollars. Very few people do, and it would help immensely if more people did. It's the price of one cup of coffee is all we ask, and it helps us keep this forum online and advertisement free. Many thanks to those who donated!!
Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $150.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $20.00
Below Goal: $130.00
Site Currency: AUD
 13%
December Donations
wotw AUD20.00

anything